What Are You Waiting For?



By Ruth Bruegger

Have you been living your life the way you want? This was questions I had been pondering this last year. I have tended to put everyone ahead of my own life. My dreams kicked aside many years ago I started to settle into business and doing the right and sensible thing. This certainly was not me.

I was a person who thought I should taste and try just about everything once before I condemned it. Here is my view of life that everyday I awake has all new possibilities. I found that starting my day with a smile just might give me a good day. I also found starting my day grumbling and frowning I just guaranteed myself a bad day.

Always learn one new thing a day. Your mind needs exercise too. Always pay attention to the people around you because they are your teachers and you are theirs. We all have been given a gift but sometimes we get side tracked or just lose sight of it.

I have been fortunate that my husband and I are always reading and discussing things together. We do not always agree on things, but I respect his ability to analyze a situation and how detailed he is. He admires in me my light hearted look at life and that I do not get bogged down by life too often.

We are both in our fifties and happened upon this course called Site Build It being offered at Rock Valley College on Saturdays' for one semester. It was covering many issues that my husband wanted to learn more about. In the end I believe I am learning more that he has. I have realized my passion was not only creating a new product line but my passion was for the area I lived in and the people. I also like to write and share information.

In the end it is never too late to discover yourself. My children are grown up and have children of their own now. Let your adult children discover their own answers in life. It is ok to let them know you don't have all the answers for them. It is ok for them to see you as a person not an authority figure. I think it is great that my grandchildren can see their grandmother still learning and going after new goals. I hope that this will be the inspiration they need to pursue their dreams. In fact it is nice to wake up and get to think about my dreams and goals and how to achieve them.

What I have chosen to do will be a work in progress that will change and evolve. There are many creative and interesting people in Northern Illinois and secrets will be uncovered and revealed. I invite you to observe my journey and discover the secrets. Perhaps you will be someone I discover.

Ruth Bruegger lives in Rockton Illinois with her Husband Hans. Ruth has 4 grown children and eight grandchildren. Ruth has owned her own business for 15 years. She has attended the Eureka Ranch to learn marketing and was on the radio with Doug Hall. Ruth has been written up for Tourism ideas in a book written by the University of Wisconsin. She has her CIAO in Taxes.
Ruth wrote political bios, church missions newsletter and the first History of Harlem Township.
She was the first woman on the Zoning Board in Rockton IL, also served on the Village Board.
She has won many business awards over the years as well as being chosen to receive a Volunteer Award. Ruths passion is checking out new and interesting places and people. Ruths latest vision is to bring the Creative Secrets of Rockton Roscoe and South Beloit to you no matter where you live. To learn more about Ruths journey go to http://www.creative-secrets-in-rockton-roscoe-south-beloit.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home