The Importance of Taking Time to Rest, Relax, Sleep, and Exercise for a Self Confident Living



By Lena Tucker

Recently, a friend of mine told me how he has been working so hard and not taking time out to relax, that he is now starting to feel the toll it has taken on his health. He didn't take the time to fully recuperate when he first starting feeling ill. Now his health has gotten worse and he has no choice but to take time off to go to the doctor or doctors. He may also have to miss a lot of work whereas, if he had taken the time off to rest and fully recover, his illness may have been shorter but now he will probably have to take off more time to recuperate.

It was kind of a wake up call to me, as well as it was to him. He told me that if I didn't start taking better care of myself, I would end up as sick as him. I go to bed way too late and I have been starting feeling exhausted. I am always tired and sleepy, and the toll of not properly taking care of myself has already started affecting my health. If I don't take his advice, I may go down the same path.

I usually go to bed way too late because I am either over committed, in the things that I need to do or I have not been as efficient in my time management, while the kids are in school. I have a hard time with efficient time management. I am very good at wasting time, whether it is someone calling to chat, chatting with people when I bump into them while running errands, or chatting while just waiting for my kids to get out of school. I, unfortunately, just love to chat and socialize. There always seems to be so much to do. I try to run my errands, clean house, and work at my computer, when the kids are in school because if I don't then, as soon as the kids get out of school, it is too late. There are basketball and baseball practices to drive to. This month, as been exceptionally crazy, with 20 baseball games (two during the week and two on the weekend) and at least 3-4 baseball practices a week (with two kids playing in the local league) and then 2 2hour basketball practices a week and a game 45 minutes away (for one of the two kids previously mentioned). There is also homework and projects to finish.

As I don't don't always finish all my work, when my kids are at school, I end up finishing the rest, after they go to bed. I then end up staying up late doing laundry, cleaning the house, and doing my work. It just seems endless. I also tell myself that it is OK to function on little sleep because I will catch up by the weekend. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen so I continue to run ragged. My self confidence suffers because I am not as efficient as I can be, as I am always exhausted. I feel like I am always trying to play catch up and not ever catching up. It is a vicious cycle.

My friend reminded me how important it is to make sure I have adequate sleep and to not run myself ragged like he has done. I decided, starting last night, to do the best I can everyday (as far as accomplishments, assignments or to do lists). I will set more realistic goals and say "no" more and not overcommit myself.

It is important to make time to relax, do some fun things, and renew your spirit and body for your health and well being. A fun way to relax is to plan a night out with some girlfriends, with other couples, or other families. I like planning potlucks and game nights, with other couples, at my house. I would take out my old board games, like "Outburst" and play the women against men. It was a blast! Another of my favorite ways to relax is to plan a night out going to dinner with a bunch of girlfriends. My kids like inviting their friends and their families over for a potluck and swim party. I have a girlfriend who take nightly bubble baths to relax and feel rejuvinated for the next day.

It is also important to have at least 7 hours a night of sleep. Recently, studies have stressed the importance of having enough rest. Sleeping is a way that our body is able to repair itself and for our minds to feel renewed or refreshed the next morning. We are then usually able to be a more happy, positive, and efficient. It also improves our self confidence and self esteem.

Lastly, it is important to start exercising. It makes you feel energized, you sleep better, you feel healthier, and you feel more self confident in yourself.

So by making and taking the time to rest, relax, exercise, and have adeqate nightly sleep, you will be healthier, more efficient, and therefore accomplish more. You will also feel self confident. You will also be able to enjoy life and have a more self confident and fulfilling life.

Lena Tucker is the founder of http://www.successinlifeandmoney.com An avid blogger, Lena is helping to change the lives of others through her articles and blogs about living a successful life, having true self confidence, successful parenting, and all things money related. Transform your life now through her amazing insights at http://www.SuccessInLifeAndMoney.com

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home